REGISTERING FOR COURSES
Have you taken a STEM Academy course before and want to register for another course? Check the timeline for when registration opens. Courses fill up quickly because class sizes are small (1:10 student:teacher ratio). Instructions for how to register are listed below:
As a returning student, you receive priority placement in STEM Academy courses. This priority placement allows you to skip the application process. To register for a course, please follow the directions below:
- Log in to your student Classe365 account and register through the Ecommerce section, https://jhuapl.classe365.com/ [If you have trouble logging in with your username (NOT your email address) and already tried to reset your password, please email email@example.com.]
- Under Modules > hover over More Modules on the left > Click View Store under E-commerce
- In the store, click on STEM Academy on the left. You can select any course(s) you are eligible for and place them in your cart. (You are only eligible to select a level II course if you have already completed level I for that course. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.)
- Once you have selected your course(s) and placed them in your cart, click Checkout. Click on the PayPal box, as PayPal is the only form of payment accepted. Then click Make Payment. (If you receive a notification that says “Sorry, this item is currently not available.”, then the course is full. Please email email@example.com to be placed on a waitlist.)
- You will be redirected to PayPal. Log in to your PayPal account, then enter your payment information.
- Once your payment has been processed, you will be automatically redirected to the Classe365 confirmation page.
- FINAL STEP, IMPORTANT: After you have submitted payment, please check to make sure you are enrolled in the course(s) paid for.
- Click My Orders to review your order details and invoice.
- Click on My Profile > Enrollment.
- Check that your course(s) are listed for the correct session.
You will receive a confirmation email from PayPal that your payment was processed as well as a confirmation email from APLSTEM@jhuapl.edu with a link to your invoice.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any issues when registering for a course or if you are unable to log in to your Classe365 account.
Graduating seniors who have met the following requirements are eligible to receive a $3,000 APL STEM Scholarship. Three scholarships will be awarded each year.
- Be a current or former STEM Academy student and received certificates of completion for all courses taken
- Plan to attend an accredited college, university, or community college for the academic year immediately after graduation
- Plan to major in a STEM field
The scholarship application period begins in January. Scholarship awards are presented at the Spring STEM Expo.
For more information about STEM Academy scholarships, email email@example.com.