- High school junior or senior during program participation (Students applying to the summer program should be rising juniors or seniors)
- At least 15 years of age by June 15 (summer session) or October 1 (academic year session)
- U.S. citizenship (green card holders are not eligible)
- Minimum 2.8 GPA
Reliable transportation to APL throughout the program (APL is not accessible by public transit).
- Note: Students choosing our hybrid or virtual options do not need constant access to reliable transportation. However, they will need to provide their own transportation when they do come to the Lab.
Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to participate in the program, unless granted an exemption on medical or religious grounds.
- Exemption requests will be evaluated after students are accepted for participation in the program
- No criminal record
- Permanent residency in the Washington-Baltimore Metro area
Students must be committed to the program and its time requirements. If students cannot meet the time requirement, they will be dismissed from the program.