REGISTERING FOR COURSES
Have you taken a STEM Academy course before and want to register for another course? Check the timeline for when registration opens. Courses fill up quickly because class sizes are small (1:10 student:teacher ratio). Instructions for how to register are listed below:
As a returning student, you receive priority placement in STEM Academy courses. This priority placement allows you to skip the application process. To register for a course, please follow the directions below:
- Log in to your Classe365 account (https://jhuapl.classe365.com/) and register through the Ecommerce section. (If you have trouble logging in and already tried to reset your password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Under Modules, hover over More Modules on the left, select View Store under Ecommerce, and select STEM Academy.
- In the store, you can select any course(s) you are eligible for and place them in your cart. (You are only eligible to select a level II course if you have already completed level I for that course. Please email email@example.com with any questions.)
- Once you have selected your course(s) and placed them in your cart, choose Checkout, then select PayPal, then select Make Payment. If you receive a notification that says “Sorry, this item is currently not available.” then the course is full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on a waiting list.
- You will then be redirected to PayPal. Log in to your PayPal account, and enter your payment information.
- FINAL STEP (IMPORTANT): After you have submitted payment, please scroll to the bottom of the page and choose RETURN TO MERCHANT to finalize your registration. This will then accurately record your course selection in both PayPal and Classe365.
Contact email@example.com with any issues when registering for a course or if you are unable to log in to your Classe365 account.
Graduating seniors who have met the following requirements are eligible to receive a $3,000 APL STEM Scholarship. Three scholarships will be awarded each year.
- Be a current or former STEM Academy student and received certificates of completion for all courses taken
- Plan to attend an accredited college, university, or community college for the academic year immediately after graduation
- Plan to major in a STEM field
The scholarship application period begins in January. Scholarship awards are presented at the Spring STEM Expo.
For more information about STEM Academy scholarships, email firstname.lastname@example.org.