About STEM Academy
APL’s STEM Academy is a unique opportunity for middle and high school students (grades 8–12) to increase both their knowledge of and interest in STEM-related college majors and careers by taking after-school courses (5:00–6:30 p.m. ET).
APL STEM Academy courses aim to provide an accessible, inclusive, and supportive space to learn. All learners, no matter what their gender, ethnicity, or socio-economic status, can be successful in STEM Academy courses. The primary goal is not to test and evaluate learners but to offer a supportive environment to learn more about STEM skills and careers.
STEM Academy courses allow students to:
- learn technical and workplace essential skills from practicing APL computer scientists, engineers, and other STEM professionals
- learn about real-world applications of STEM
- experience hands-on learning
- explore career development opportunities
- have fun in a supportive environment
We offer both technical and workplace essentials courses. Review our course catalog to learn more about STEM Academy offerings. Courses are offered based on instructor availability, so not all courses are offered each session.
Cost: STEM Academy requires a $49-per-course commitment fee ($99 for the Robotics course). Fees are used for scholarships issued by the APL STEM Program Management Office. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on financial assistance.