Summer Session Information
- The ASPIRE summer session begins the last week of June.
- Onboarding during the listed dates is mandatory and students must attend onboarding in-person to participate in ASPIRE.
- Students complete a minimum of 190 hours of ASPIRE internship tasking between their onboarding date and their return to school in the fall. You may, and are encouraged to, complete additional hours past the minimum. We expect students to spread their hours over a 6-9 week period.
- Students may only complete ASPIRE tasking between 6am-6pm, Monday–Friday and may only complete up to 40 hours of tasking each week. There are no weekend or evening ASPIRE hours.
- All students are expected to complete and submit a digital poster of their ASPIRE project at the end of the term.
Students applying to the summer session are strongly encouraged to review their schedules to determine whether they have the appropriate time available to participate in the ASPIRE program. Students should remember to consider travel times to and from APL when considering an in-person or hybrid internship. Our expectation is that the ASPIRE program be the priority.
ASPIRE summer session application period opens at 12:00 a.m.
ASPIRE summer session application period closes at 11:59 p.m.
All recommendation forms are due by 11:59 p.m.
ASPIRE eligibility is confirmed or denied .
Mentors review applications, interview students, and extend an invitation to the program.
Mandatory ASPIRE onboarding is held in-person at APL. These are the earliest dates a student may begin their internship.
ASPIRE Student Showcase capstone event